RODA Felt – Mounted Felt Bobs for Polishing
What do you use mounted felt bobs for?
Felt bobs are mainly for polishing metal although you can also use them on glass.
These bobs are for use in many industries including:
Mould tool polishing: – Mould tools and dies used for plastic injection require a very high finish. You’ll find that felt is mostly for lapping and polishing with diamond compound.
Polishing medical implants – Moleroda have been making bespoke felts for medial companies for many years. Our felts are very high quality, under totally controlled manufacturing and therefore suitable for robotic use.
Polishing precision engineered components – we supply aerospace, automotive, oil and gas, defence, and many more engineering industries. RODA Felt is for use anywhere you require a polished finish.
Polishing precious metals in the Jewellery industry – Working on gold and silver, platinum, or palladium. Jewellers usually require smaller felts on a 2.35mm spindle with fine compounds such as Rouge.
What to use your Felt Bob with?
You can use RODA Felt bobs in any rotary tool – such as a micromotor, pendant drill, flexible shaft machine or simple Drill. Check recommended speeds for polishing.
Felt Bob – Options Available:
- Medium- Ideal for cutting and polishing operations, this is a good standard felt for most materials
- Hardened- Standard felt is treated to make it hard and less flexible. It gives you more cut and therefore particularly suits harder metals. Shaped felts are more likely to keep their shape when hardened.
- Other shapes available – Cones, bullnose, points, balls, trapeze and also bespoke shapes are all available.
- Extended spindle are also available – more spindle sizes are available please call us.
Customers can ask for specially made products to suit their requirements. Here at Moleroda we offer low volume, low cost, traceable, fast delivery and high quality products. We can mount felt down to 3.5mm diameter and in all different shapes. Please get in touch if you have particular requirements you wish to discuss.
You can see what our RODA Felt Bobs can do by watching our video here.
Find out how important RODA Mounted Felt Bobs can be for finishing and polishing your 3d printed parts. Read our blog here.
How to achieve the perfect finish with RODA Felt and Diamond Compound
1. Prior to polishing make sure you have gone up to 12000 or finer with wet and dry or RODA NyWheels for best results.
2. Insert your mounted RODA felt into a polishing machine – e.g. eneksa/ micromotor.
3. Squeeze a pea sized amount of diamond compound onto your workpiece (when working with diamond compound usually start with a coarse grit like 20 microns and work up to a finer grit).
4. Then work the felt into the paste – a spray of lapping fluid will help to lubricate.
5. Keep the felt moving, wipe clean with solvent spray and a lint free polishing cloth.
6. Assess the finish and then move to a finer grade of diamond paste if required.