RODA Felt – Mounted Conical & Bullnose Felts for Polishing
Mounted Conical Felts are a pointed cone shape which therefore allows polishing into tight small areas and angles.
Bullnose Felts are a rounded shape for metal polishing and lapping.
- Mounted Conical Felts are for polishing all types of metals and other materials.
- The pointed shape lends itself to getting into detailed and tighter areas and are therefore ideal for precision work.
- Depending on the spindle size use them with micromotors, pendant motors, standard drills etc.
- Use RODA felt with compound. Use them for cutting and polishing stages.
- RODA Felt is for polishing most metals from gold and silver to aluminium, steel and harder metals.
- We recommend Lea compound, diamond compound, Menzerna, Rouge, Simichrome or any other compounds
- Felt density – medium – is ideal for cutting and polishing operations, therefore this is a good standard felt for most materials (other densities are available).
- RODA Felt is a universal tool and as a result they are used by mould tool polishers, fabricators, sculptors, silversmiths and jewellers.
Mounted RODA Felts are made in our UK factory in Wiltshire. If you would like bespoke shapes – just get in touch if you require a different size, bespoke shape, different spindle or harder or softer density.
Felt can be hardened. It gives the felt more cut and particularly suits harder metals. Shaped felts are more likely to keep their shape when hardened – please contact us if you require this product.
How to achieve the perfect finish with RODA Felt and Diamond Compound
1. Prior to polishing make sure you have gone up to 12000 or finer with wet and dry or RODA NyWheels for best results.
2. Insert your mounted RODA felt into a polishing machine – e.g. eneksa/ micromotor.
3. Squeeze a pea sized amount of diamond compound onto your workpiece (when working with diamond compound usually start with a coarse grit like 20 microns and work up to a finer grit).
4. Then work the felt into the paste – a spray of lapping fluid will help to lubricate.
5. Keep the felt moving, wipe clean with solvent spray and a lint free polishing cloth.
6. Assess the finish and then move to a finer grade of diamond paste if required.
For more information about our RODA Range give us a call.