Felt Buffing Balls
Felt buffing balls are..
- Ideal for polishing smaller items especially curved forms and concave profiles.
- The ball shape can be used end on, which is unusual because the extra material covers the spindle end.
- The 25mm buffing balls are relatively soft and are particularly useful for polishing with compound with little cut.
- 12mm and 6mm buffing balls are harder and would suit both cutting and polishing stages. See the DD range here.
- Used with smaller tools such as micromotors, pendant motors, air tools etc
- Please check the spindle size you particular tool takes as they all vary.
- Use with compound such as Lea Compound, Menzerna, Diamond Compound, Rouge, Dialux
This range of ball shape felts are very handy for engineers polishing items where you need to get in with the end of the mop without scratching. Much the same as a standard mounted felt wheel, these mops offer a much greater amount of material ideal for end on polishing.
They can be used with all compound types. Felt is partiularly good for use with diamond compound which is ideal for mould tool polishing.
Felt buffing balls are a fairly new concept for most jewellers, the ball shape is ideal for protecting jewellery from being scratched by the metal spindle.
They are also very handy for silversmiths and those working on a larger scale as the ball shape gets nicely into concave forms.